Bellingham & Vancouver Wedding & Lifestyle Photographer Mikaela Ruth »

Masthead header

Thoughts On Sharing

This blog post has been on my heart for the last few weeks, but I didn’t realize it until last night.

Occasionally I will write about my faith in Jesus, or make reference to the fact that I’m a Christian. I’ll get emails from girls who are also believers, whether photographers too or not, who relate and who are grateful for what I share. They encourage me to continue to write about my faith, because you never know how God might use you.

So why don’t I write more often?

The last email I received in regards to this came as a result fromĀ this post here. It struck me because God used a blog reader to remind me of my own words, something I used to do more diligently than I do now. Something I need to pour more heart and time into. Because I shared about my walk with God, because this blog reader was challenged by what I wrote, she in turn challenged me! I believe that God is asking me to spend more time with Him, and this means I need to spend more time in prayer and more time reading my Bible. Not just a quick few minutes, but truly seek Him out. God used another to remind me of this last night, as I read my friend Jamie’s post, aptly titledĀ ‘seeking’.

I find it so fascinating how God works in our lives, I love it. So why wouldn’t I share more about it?

• jamie delaine - September 14, 2011 - 8:52 am

:) i love it.ReplyCancel

• Heather Cherie - September 14, 2011 - 8:53 am

Such a great challenge! I need to do the same. So important to take advantage of every opportunity we have to shout God’s fame. :) Thanks for sharing!ReplyCancel

• Ang - September 14, 2011 - 8:57 am

JUST what i needed to read this morning – thanks for that! :)ReplyCancel

• Leah J. - September 14, 2011 - 9:06 am

I love this! It’s SO nice to know there are other photogs out there willing to be transparent with their faith :) My friend Susie White told me about you, so I’d love to meet you someday like she did! ;)ReplyCancel

• the whyte house - September 14, 2011 - 9:27 am

M–Knowing that you were a Christian was a very big reason behind having you do our photos this year! :) By all means, share more often!!! (And Leah, you should know how to spell my last name by now!! :) haha)ReplyCancel

• Lindsay Vallas - September 14, 2011 - 9:48 am

Love it! Thanks for sharing your heart. The Lord is amazing in the ways He works in our lives and blesses us. Thanks for the blessing & challenge today.ReplyCancel

• Brittany Barger - September 14, 2011 - 10:14 am

It isn’t easy to devote that time, so many other things can come up. Like you said in the previous post, it is a learned practice, and it truly is the most important thing:) Thanks for the reminder!ReplyCancel

• Summer Dotinga - September 14, 2011 - 11:01 am

Thanks for the reminder, I need to hear this this morning.ReplyCancel

• Nam - September 14, 2011 - 1:10 pm

Even though I’m a Muslim, EVERYTHING you write rings true with me. It’s amazing… :)ReplyCancel

• Cristina Guerrero - September 14, 2011 - 2:45 pm

I am on the same boat. This reminds me of Matthew 5:16. I want to start doing the same.ReplyCancel

• Jessica Williams - September 14, 2011 - 8:56 pm

I think it’s awesome that your listening to what the Lords directing you to do! I too have a photography blog and at first was timid about sharing personal stuff having to do with my life and my faith. But I can tell you firsthand, God has used what’s happened to my husband and I, and me writing about it on my blog soo much. I just want to encourage you to do it, you never know who you are going to witness to :)ReplyCancel

• Rosanna - September 14, 2011 - 10:51 pm

LOVE. Alot. :)ReplyCancel

• Sarah - September 15, 2011 - 5:02 am

Love the rawness of this post. One of the reasons why I “follow” you know is because of the post you mentioned earlier about your faith. Of course I found you through the proposal, but I check in because of your character and belief.ReplyCancel

• sherri - September 15, 2011 - 6:24 am

I love that you posted about how God allowed us to encourage/challenge each other this week! :)ReplyCancel

• Jeff Garban - September 15, 2011 - 8:50 pm

Hi Mikaela, Thanks for sharing always… LOVE!ReplyCancel

• Sameena Jaleel - September 22, 2011 - 12:46 pm

Hi Mikaela. These are awesome. Simply beautiful. And I especially loved all the detail shots. Amber and Morgan are gorgeous.ReplyCancel

• Sameena Jaleel - September 22, 2011 - 12:47 pm

Hi, Mikaela. Beautiful shoot, especially all the detail shots and of course, Morgan and Amber are gorgeous.ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *