Bellingham & Vancouver Wedding & Lifestyle Photographer Mikaela Ruth »

Masthead header

Swan-E-Set Wedding: Ryan + Aimee

They all predicted he would. As Aimee’s natural beauty was transformed into that of a white wedding vision, the girls gathered around and predicted Ryan would cry when he saw her. His bride. The girl he had known for years, the girl he had fallen in love with, the girl he would spend forever with. And as the church doors were drawn open, Aimee standing there silhouetted by the sunlight behind her, I turned to look at Ryan. The emotion that swept over his face confirmed the predictions and caused the word ‘breathtaking’ to take on a new definition.

Celebrating the marriage of Ryan and Aimee were friends and family who were evidently overcome with love and support and joy for these two. They were people who had seen the evolution and growth of their relationship, and could attest to God’s sovereignty in their coming back together after so many years. They were a testament to the kind of people Ryan and Aimee are. Genuine, caring and insightful individuals who invest in the relationships in their lives, above all, following Christ’s lead.

Oh Aimee and Ryan, thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of your day as both a friend and your photographer. It really was an honor. I’m so excited to see how God continues to lead you, now as husband and wife. Hope you’re having a fabulous, well deserved honeymoon in Bali and I can’t wait to see you all tanned and rested when you come home! Love, Mikaela.

While I hung out with the girls, my two awesome assistants were with the guys. I love this shot Shane got of Ryan…

…and this shot that Bryan got of the guys.

I was so excited to hear that Kari of Confetti Floral was designing the flower arrangements! Wonderful girl, fabulous work.

Such gorgeousness!

Shane caught this moment just before the ceremony and looking at this image gives me goosebumps.

Ryan’s reaction to seeing Aimee for the first time.

Husband and wife!

The three of us snuck away for a quick few photos and found gorgeous light, a warm air vent to keep off the chill, and some of my favorites images…

• Cecilia - February 17, 2011 - 10:31 am

Wow! beautiful couple!
    Really love the details and candid moments you captured. :) CeciliaReplyCancel

• Dani - February 17, 2011 - 11:05 am

You have an amazing way with words, Mikaela! You are one of the few blogs I read and look at the photos instead of just scroll to the photos. Amazing photos too! What a beautiful first kiss!ReplyCancel

• Risa (Mom) - February 17, 2011 - 3:09 pm

Wow! Your first wedding on your new blog, and it is amazing! Aimee was a beautiful bride (was there ever any doubt?!) and it’s so nice to see her so happy and in love. Your photos serve them both very well. The way you use your words makes it oh-so-special too! Oh, and the photo that Shane captured, made me cry! So proud of you both!ReplyCancel

• Amy - February 17, 2011 - 3:23 pm

Beautiful photos Mikaela! You have such talent.ReplyCancel

• Eleanor Bauman - February 17, 2011 - 4:19 pm

My beautiful, beautiful granddaughter! I am so glad that Aimee and Ryan have settled their love for each other. I regret not having shared at the open mike. I would have recalled a few Christmas’ ago when Aimee and I were talking about “no boyfriend” and I expressed just giving it up and not worrying about getting married until reaching 29 or 35 years old. She responded that she wanted to have lots of babies and at those ages would be getting quite old. I said, ” you will need a hus and for that”.I then said “I guess grandma will have to go and look for a boyfriend for you” and asked what she was looking for. She said, “If I can’t have Ryan, I want a Ryan-like”. So from then on, we knew it was Ryan or no one. Congratulations that this day has come. We are so proud of you both. Love, Grandma and Grandpa <3ReplyCancel

• Aimee Saddler - February 17, 2011 - 10:11 pm

Mikaela!!

Thank you soooooo much!!! Your photos are amazing, and I loved your note at the beginning. I am so glad you could do our photos for us!! See you soon my friend.

Love AimeeReplyCancel

• lori - February 18, 2011 - 4:45 pm

Beautiful Wedding. Incredible Pictures. So happy to have been one of the included in this day.ReplyCancel

• Kari Peters - March 20, 2011 - 8:09 pm

oh my gosh aimee everything looked so beautiful! obviously invcluding yourself, you’re a vision. congrats again to you and your nee hubby. it looks like it was the perfect day!ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *